Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the above business.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a user’s computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- Lawful basis: Consent
- The reason we use this basis: You have the choice to give your personal data for the purposes of receiving event emails. You may unsubscribe at any time by contacting us by email.
- We process your information in the following ways: Your data is held privately and if you gave consent to be contacted at an event, workshop, or private lesson, the card showing that consent is held securely at the business address: Alexander House, 13 Aden Grove, Stoke Newington, London N16 9NP.
- Data retention period: We will continue to process your information until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
- Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
- We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because we only process personal data for core business purposes.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO www.ico.org.uk if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Transparent privacy Explanations
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. You may withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time.
We hold the following information about you:
- Your name
- Your address
- Email address
- I.P address
- Subscription time & date
- If we met at an event or workshop, we note when we met and, if we met your child, the name of your child.
- Your phone number
- Your date of birth – securely stored in card form only
- Your address – securely stored in card form only
- Details of your health concerns – securely stored in card form only
By providing us with personal data such your health issues, you consent to the collection and use of any information you provide in accordance with the above purposes and this privacy statement. This information will be retained for 8 years after your last lesson, in accordance with the CNHC regulations. In the case of a child, the information will be retained until the child’s 26th birthday, in accordance with CNHC regulations.
Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to contact you from time to time through electronic channels such as email about promotions, events, products, services or information which we think may be of interest to you. Please ensure that you supply an update of your personal details, so that the information held is correct.
Access to Personal Data
You may ask to see the information we hold about you at any time.
Resources and further information